Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

10 pounds down, 10 to go

Body image after a baby sure is tough. After having two babies within a couple of years, my body is all out of sorts. I tried hard between number one and two to lose the weight but returning to work, and getting pregnant so quickly made it difficult. After number two, I have been determined to get back on track. I lost a ton of weight after number two was born and then stalled.....unable to lose a pound until this summer. I know that food is my enemy. I seem to be able to get into the swing of exercising ok - we live at the top of a VERY big hill so walking is a great exercise as I have to go down and then back up again. But retraining myself to eat again has been hard. Being pregnant and breastfeeding boosts your appetite. You have to eat for energy and suddenly you can eat these huge portion sizes. It's been hard to par down the portion size and still come away satisfied.

But the effort has paid off. I paid close attention and was able to shed 10 pounds. I'm weighing less than when I started with number two so now my goal is another 10 pounds to put me lower than when I started on this baby making journey. I feel better, for sure, but my energy still sags in the afternoon. Part of me knows I need to eat more - just smaller amounts to get me through my quiet time rut. The couch tends to call out to me and so to avoid spending time eating in the kitchen I head for the couch for a sleep. Not very productive for getting chores done around the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home