Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My dog is driving me crazy

Why is it that I can spend all day with two young children, who constantly try my patience with their neverending requests and constant squabbling, yet it is my DOG that makes me want to jump off the bridge?! I hate to say it, but I wonder on too frequent of a basis why we have a dog. She is neurotic. She's afraid of the wind. She's afraid of being alone. She sleeps all day while we're moving around the house and then as soon as we go to bed, she paces the house, knocking baby gates down, trying to get herself closer to a bedroom door where she must feel safe. I try putting her outside, out of my way, and she just barks which drives me mental too. Never have I had such an urge to kick something....but I don't. I yell alot, but I don't kick. I'm sure I am far from a good role model for my children, but this dog is driving me insane. Maybe it's the fact that you can't rationalize with a dog. Sure toddlers aren't capable of rationalization either, but preschoolers are on some kind of level. Atleast with kids you can bribe them with treats when desperate. Don't get me wrong, I would never hurt or give up our dog, but wow, does she make me mad these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home