Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sunny day, moody children

The full moon is definitely making its way through my household. Today is Saturday, the sun is shining, it's a beautiful fall day and all my kids want to do is stay inside and be grumpy. I want to be outside, moving in the fresh air and sunshine. I know our days of sunshine are numbered as the days are growing shorter and the snow is soon approaching. But NO, they want to be grumpy....so it's off to bed for them and alone for me. My husband is fishing all weekend....it's Canadian Thanksgiving - a weekend to spend together, but instead today is like all others, a day of managing my children on my own....and they're grumpy. It's so hard to put on a happy mommy face when every effort is destroyed with crankiness and misery. Someone give me strength to be patient and keep trying......

So it's off to the kitchen I go to make cookies........cookies always make children (and mommies) happier, don't they? Or maybe a quick snooze on the couch first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home