Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Frustrations.........

Ok, this week I've encountered a few frustrations.........

#1 is definitely my internet. I've tried on several occasions to make a post and my internet has conked out and I've lost everything that I just spent time typing. Argh.....and some of my thoughts were happy thoughts. We've had beautiful weather in the mountains this week and I've been reminded of how much I LOVE the fall - the return of warm clothing without jackets!

Next is dog hair. I love my dog, really I do, but I do hate having to vacuum EVERY SINGLE day. To make it worse, because my brother's dog is here too, the dog hair quotient is double....make it triple because he has a long-haired dog. I really wish I could find the soft spot that I know is lingering somewhere deep in my heart for my dog. She was my "first baby" and now I routinely question her value in my life....poor thing. If she could just stop shedding, barking, freaking out in wind storms, I think our relationship would be a much happier one.

Next is dishes. Oh how I long for a dishwasher. Just when I think the dishes are done, there's always a new load piling up on the counter. Maybe this just goes hand in hand with my frustration around meal preparation. I really hate having to constantly think about what we're going to eat next.....and trying to be the good mother and provide healthy choices. I've got to tell you, with my husband away on business this past week, we've really enjoyed a lazy mother cooking week with lots of take out lunches. In an attempt to redeem myself to myself, I finally took out a membership at our local community food coop to try and start looking for some healthy snack alternatives. We'll see how it goes.

And finally TV. I'm seduced and addicted by TV, once again. I hate Fridays and Saturdays because there's nothing on and movies these days are horribly bad - never mind the fact that I live in a one screen theatre community where the owner chooses the WORST movies of those available. I wish I could tear myself away, but evening TV really makes life seem better......I can finally understand how my mother got sucked in to the daytime soaps when we were kids. It feels good to escape so I guess TV isn't really a frustration, it's just a guilty pleasure that feels like a dirty secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home