Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Searching for inspiration

My fingers are quiet these days. The last little while I've felt words, stories, thoughts bubbling in my brain, aching to get out and this week I am silent. I want to write, but my brain isn't helping. Maybe it's the heat. It has been over 30C, closer to 40C for the past week. By the end of the day (when I do most of my writing) my body is exhausted from moving around in the heat. Maybe it's my whining son. I don't get it. Where did this miserable little boy come from? His tantrums, his demands, his whining persist through the day. Smiling, happy moments are rare. On a side note, when brushing his teeth tonight I noticed a molar broken through at the back - so maybe that's his problem....new teeth. Maybe it's my extracurricular workload. Lately I feel like I'm running to catch up. My volunteer work is crazy. The demands of the organization have suddenly jumped into overdrive and there is no backing off.

I'm eager for a break from reality. Last week I discovered the crack cocaine of a stay at home mother's world - time, time by myself. I had a babysitter come over for the morning so I could go out for a hike and as I backed out of the driveway I felt this rush of energy. I actually felt giddy. I had two and a half hours ahead of me with nothing to do but what I wanted to do. It felt great. It opened my eyes to what is missing in this overworked, stressed out mama's world. Time. So when my next attempt at time on Friday was stuffed with family obligations, I felt slighted, ripped off. I hope this Friday will boost me back up and help me find my words again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home