Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

iPod convert

My husband is a big music person. When he immigrated to Canada almost 10 years ago, he came with a couple of suitcases, a guitar and a crate of CDs. Since having children, his attention to music has slowed down. Money is spent on other things - like diapers and wipes - instead of new CDs. He used to spend lots of time getting music off the Internet until it wrecked our old computer. So last year when our friends showed off their new iPod, complete with video capabilities, my husband was hooked. He began saving and plotting how he would get his own iPod to download all his CDs in one place and start searching for new music again.

I'll admit it, I was resistant. I didn't get the benefit in spending over $300 for something when you could just pick the CDs you wanted to listen to and take them with you in the car. I made my opinion clear. But in the end, it was his bonus check and all our other "big wishes" for that year were covered, so he got an iPod, complete with speaker stand and car converter.

Well, we've had it for almost 6 months and I hate to admit that I'm converted. I love it. I was the first one to create a playlist on it. I was the one to buy a whole bunch of new music - mostly 90's dance tunes to make me feel young again. I was the one to take it on long road trips with 6 hours of music on a playlist so I didn't have to change CDs. I'm the one who happily puts it in my water belt when I go on long walks so my dance tunes can motivate me up the mountain. I'm not sure what life would be like without our iPod now. I'd certainly spend less time dancing around my kitchen with my kids to the likes of Mika and Madonna.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home