Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - 13 Things I wish I could do today

I've caught on to this fun practice done by many bloggers. I've done a couple of trial runs through notes with my friends on Facebook. Here's my 13 for today....13 things I wish I could do today.

1. sleep in.....remember the days of 10am wake ups?

2. go for breakfast (mmmm, eggs benedict) and not have to share any of my food

3. go to the movies - a movie I want to see, not just whatever is playing at the one screen movie theatre here in town

4. have a conversation with any of my friends I haven't talked to in a long, long while.....several friends come immediately all come to mind - uninterrupted

5. find a way to make my son happy more than 10% of the time - you've seen the picture of his current mood

6. think of something new and exciting for me to do with my kids - I love summer, but already the beach is wearing a bit thin

7. step on the scale and see my weight 10 lbs lighter - a girl can dream, can't she?

8. open my mail and find a big unexpected cheque - spending money for our upcoming trip to Vegas

9. tell my mother off for how she hurt my feelings yesterday (and many times before that)...this one is just for my blog, since she's one of my friends on Facebook

10. find the time and motivation to tidy up some stuff that is just lying around - yes, there are still boxes from moving in April sitting in my bedroom

11. get paid for all the extra curricular work I've been going lately

12. sit at a cafe in Paris having a leisurely meal, then stroll around the city holding hands without a care in the world - ok, my dreams are getting more ambitious

13. lie down to go to bed at night and be able to fall asleep instantly - not process every thing that happened that day and is going to happen tomorrow

What do you wish you could be doing today?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Blog said...

Oh! I wish I could be doing all those things! Except the 10 pounds thing.Losing 10 pounds right now would not be a good thing for my preggers self! ;) I wouldn't mind being in a pool right now, feeling light and refreshed!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home