Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Romance and marriage

Why is it that men (or maybe it's just married men) don't catch on to the immediate benefits they can achieve by watching romantic movies with their partner?

I know that as a rule men don't like romantic comedies, romantic dramas. They'd rather watch action packed thrillers or bathroom based comedies. Don't get me wrong, I like all different types of movies. But every once in a while, it sure feels great to put in a predictable, fallin' in love romantic comedy.

Last night I realized that my husband would really get a lot (wink, wink) out of sitting through a whole romantic comedy with me. The key being that he was awake at the end of the movie. Romance gets me in the mood. It reminds me of when my husband and I were "falling in love" way back when. The moonlit walks, the sandy beaches, the stolen kisses. So it sure is disappointing to go through a whole movie and not have the happy ending sitting beside you, ready to "discuss" when the credits roll.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home