Quiet Time Musings

A place for my thoughts of the day while the children sleep.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - 13 countries I've visited

Well, next week I'll be on holiday....from life. My husband and I are packing up and thanks to my mother will be going away for 5 nights down to Las Vegas to bask in the heat and enjoy some solo time. On top of that, this weekend I am going to a Buddha Mom retreat with my Mom and sister to a nearby backcountry lodge. I'm hoping to center myself for the couple of days of parenthood between the weekend retreat and the high road to Vegas. More than anything, I'm actually really excited to get away from my computer. I'm addicted and overworked so the best thing is to get me right away from the bloody thing to relax and get rid of the stupid cough I've picked up.

In preparation for our travels, here's a list of 13 countries I've visited....

1. Canada - I've only made it as far as Quebec City, but hope to see the East coast one day.

2. United States - mostly the Western States, but did enjoy an expense paid trip to Florida with Mark's work one year.

3. Mexico - travel before and after kids on this one.

4. Fiji - first stop on my world adventures.

5. Cook Islands - glorious honeymoon

6. Australia - touched every coast except the Northern one.

7. England - this one will keep drawing us back to visit friends and family.

8. Germany - dear to my heart after my exchange student experience.

9. France - Paris - one of my favorite places and many other great stops.

10. Switzerland - a stop to visit friends on our European adventure

11. Austria - beautiful mountains, kind of remind of home now

12. Ireland - will definitely go back to enjoy the winding roads and friendly people

13. Spain - loved Barcelona, hated Madrid

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home